How to fill and insert your slide
Correct slide loading is important to ensure an accurate result. Please follow these instructions to load the slide correctly:
- First and foremost, let’s make sure your YO is right side up. Use the photo as a reference.
- Make sure the sample is well liquefied (not thick or clumpy) after adding the pink powder by swirling it often.
- Make sure the sample is fully liquefied before adding it to the red dot on the slide.
- Ensure the triangle area of the test slide is filled completely (the whole triangle should be light pink). Watch closely as you fill the slide – the sample can be hard to see.
- If the sample does not liquify in 10 minutes, or the slide will not take the sample, wait an additional 10 minutes, and try again using the same slide.
- Ensure the slide is loaded “right side up” with your sample and is not upside down.
- Make sure there are no bubbles in the pipette dropper.
- Ensure the slide is clean after loading – there should not be overflow sample on the top of the slide.
- Make sure the slide is inserted entirely into the testing chamber.
- Do not touch the unit during testing.